PUBLIC AFFAIRS ANALYST
Open Gate Italia is looking for a Public Affairs Analyst to support the company’s practices at national level. The position will be based in Rome.
Assuming the day-to-day responsibility for major client accounts – jointly with his/her Partner in charge – comprising leading blue-chip companies, trade associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives and to help grow the business. The Analyst will support the professionals of the firm in monitoring the policy, legislative and regulatory activities of the main Italian government bodies and regulatory authorities; drafting analysis, reports, memos and position papers aimed at the clients of the firm. The Analyst will also have to work directly the clients and on-field, developing relationships and activities with policy-makers, regulators and stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates should have:
- Strong academic record. Law/Political Sciences/Economics degrees or Public Affairs specialization required;
- Knowledge of policy and political issues through previous work experience (at least 2 years);
- Ability to analyze legislative language and draft legislation and amendments to legislation;
- PR and media affairs experience a plus;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to handle matters with professionalism and discretion;
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, co-workers and external parties;
- Work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects: grace under pressure;
- Fluent English and Italian, both written and spoken, are essential. Fluency in another language an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a personable, highly motivated and flexible self-starter, a quick thinker with intellectual depth, curiosity and an eye for detail, combining political and communications knowledge with business acumen.